The regulatory reform fire safety order states that employers must nominate competent persons and train them sufficiently for the equipment made available to them in the workplace, this is why here at Nationwide Fire we think it is important to have theory and hands on training in use of fire extinguishers.
Our Fire Safety Awareness course ensures that delegates know what to do in the event of a fire and have an essential understanding of workplace fire safety including fire extinguisher types and uses, fire safety precautions, common causes of fires, and practical experience of using a fire extinguisher to tackle a fire. All our courses can be tailored to meet customer needs.
Fire Awareness Training: Course Content
- What to do on discovering a fire
- Dealing with fires safely and efficiently
- Location of extinguishers and escape routes
- Fire doors, smoke alarms and sprinklers
- The chemistry of fires and common causes
- Fire prevention and stopping a fire from spreading
- Raising the alarm and calling the Fire Service
- Evacuation procedures
- Identifying fire extinguishers using colour codes and pictograms
- Practical exercise using extinguishers on live, controlled fires
As with all Nationwide Fire Training courses, our Fire Awareness training can be delivered on our site or on customers’ premises. Please ensure delegates are available for the entire session, and please do ask us about flexible dates – we’ll be happy to arrange training with the minimum business disruption ie after school hours.