Manual handling errors and poor lifting techniques cause over a third of all workplace injuries, including repetitive strain injuries and limb/joint damage and pain. Good, practical manual handling training is essential to foster appropriate workplace practice and keep staff safe.
Our manual handling training is flexible and can be tailored to the specific activities and equipment used in your workplace. We are able to come to you to deliver your training on-site, or you can choose to attend our training centre.
Manual Handling Training: Course Content
- Correct manual handling and why it matters
- Manual handling risks and how to prevent injury or harm
- Legal requirements and regulations for manual handling in the workplace
- Risk assessment and the theory of safe manual handling practice
- Applying the principles of efficient movement in manual handling situations
As with all Nationwide Fire Training courses, our Manual Handling training can be delivered on our site or on customers’ premises. Please ensure delegates are available for the entire session, and please do ask us about flexible dates – we’ll be happy to arrange training with the minimum business disruption.